We pride ourselves on providing our learners with much more than construction skills. Our emphasis on pastoral care is part of our ethos, teaching life skills and providing support far beyond the usual scope of most alternative provisions. We believe we create a nurturing environment where every student is treated with firm but fair boundaries, but are also provided with strategies and individual support relating to their wider education.
SILC Training is not only about construction skills, we offer...
- Consistent structure with firm but fair boundaries
- Enabling learners to achieve their full potential
- Safe and happy environment
- Bespoke packages to suit all learners' needs
- Effective teaching strategies
- Building learners confidence and self-belief
- Providing learners with the correct knowledge to ensure they are equipped for their Further Education
- Continuous feedback with parents/carers and home schools
- Attend College Open Evenings and Interviews with learners
- Attending meetings for all learners'
- Encouraging learners to work towards positive outcomes by giving them strategies to overcome hurdles
- Providing portfolios of completed work with photo evidence
'Creating a positive environment to promote learning and development'
Head of Melrose School
“SILC take great care in engaging young people from our school not only academically but the holistic needs of the individual, recognising when support is needed and sharing concerns effectively”
Assistant Head of Cricket Green
"The Pastoral care offered for our CGS students at SILC is exceptional. Staff take a personal interest in the students, not just with the work they produce in the day, but around their personal circumstances, moods and feelings. They liaise very well with parents/carers and take the time to contact the school about each student on a daily basis. Students trust that all of the staff at SILC have their interests at heart – SILC is a very child centred environment even though the children are treated and respected (and feel) like young adults."
Head of Upper School at Carew Academy
"The pastoral care at SILC is fantastic. The students build up reliable, safe and positive relationships with the staff at SILC very quickly. They respond to the student’s needs appropriately and with sensitivity. SILC supports this with effective and regular communication with school and parents. This means that students receive the best possible care while at SILC."
Senior Teacher at Cressey College (Essendene)
"The second you meet any of the staff team at SILC, you feel welcome, they have created a community that is focused solely on the young people which nurtures them in a way that others can’t."
Deputy Head at Stars
"A real turning point for our young man. We are so pleased to hear such ongoing and positive feedback about our pupils."
'Structure is key to success'