© 2008 The Skills & Integrated Learning Centre (S.I.L.C). All rights reserved.
Website design by Moonfruit
- The course content is hugely valuable to students giving them the foundation skills they will need in order to thrive at college
- Students are in no doubt about what they need to do – often they are building upon previous work
- It is clear that all students are making progress across the session this is reinforced by instructor feedback
- Students display a positive and professional attitude throughout the session
- The boundaries of acceptable behavior are constantly modeled and rarely need to be enforced
- Students are very supportive of one another
- One student is given the role and responsibilities of instructor. He responds by being modeling high standards for other students. Other students benefit from his support.
- All students are treated fairly and the main teacher makes enough time to give all the guidance they need.
- Students are motivated and take great pride in their work.
- It is clear students enjoy there work and take great satisfaction from its completion. This is without exception.
- The pace of the lesson was professional and purposeful; students get on with their work and they are very clear about break times and the general routine.
- The supporting instructor is hugely effective; he has a good rapport with the students and they respond well to his encouragement and feedback.
- Students have to work collaboratively or independently depending on the task but there is a good balance of both.
- Students have access to all the tools and materials they need – all are well maintained and respected by the students as is the working space in general.